Data Science is a bankable career for the new generation. Many students aim to become data scientists as it’s a dynamic and lucrative career option. No doubt why every other student is looking forward to data science, if not a degree than a course but this is a popular field among students. So we provide some data science quotes to guide you in your career.
Why Are Students Pursuing Data Science?
Data science is a rapidly growing field. With thousands of businesses being founded daily, businesses must look at large amounts of data sets. The data sets are an eye-opener for businesses as it helps them to identify the patterns and trends helping them to stay ahead of the curve. The data sets give businesses a first-hand advantage in recognizing, evaluating, studying, and executing the prevailing data and attaining potential growth.
The data is maintained by none other than data scientists who have the skillset and mindset of understanding the know-how of data, cutting down the chase, and identifying the core patterns that can impact businesses. Data Science consists of other core concepts like Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistics, Deep Learning, and more. These concepts play a crucial role in extracting, exploring, analyzing, and deriving key insights for making meaningful business decisions.
The syllabus of data science is elaborate in nature, where one learns analytical skills and decision-making capabilities together. This learning is not restricted to textbook knowledge, hence with the help of proficient data scientists, students can find a beacon of inspiration that will help them to guide them in their data science career path.
Additionally, students can read data science quotes that act as a source of inspiration invoking a thought-provoking mindset. As it is said that “An apple a day keeps a doctor away”, the same applies to quotes. Reading data science quotes is an easy and time-tested formula as it sparks the right energy and spirit needed for the day. So, for all the aspiring data scientists who need a new perspective, want to brighten up their dull moments, or are struggling to get insights into a new subject, these data science quotes will help you get through it. Nobody ever talks about motivation in learning. Data science is a broad and fuzzy field, which makes it hard to learn. Really hard.
Here Are 15 Data Science Quotes By Industry Experts-
1. “Things get done only if the data we gather can inform and inspire those in a position to make a difference.” (Dr. Mike Schmoker, Author)
2. “Big data will spell the death of customer segmentation and force the marketer to understand each customer as an individual within 18 months or risk being left in the dust.” – By Ginni Rometty, CEO, IBM
3. If you wanna do data science, learn how it is a technical, cultural, economic, and social discipline that has the ability to consolidate and rearrange societal power structures – Hugo Bowne-Anderson (Head of data science evangelism and marketing at Coiled)
4. “Consumer data will be the biggest differentiator in the next two to three years. Whoever unlocks the reams of data and uses it strategically will win.” – By Angela Ahrendts, Senior Vice-President of Retail at Apple Inc.
5. The world is now awash in data and we can see consumers in a lot clearer ways.” – By Max Levchin, Co-founder of PayPal
6. “Data is a precious thing and will last longer than the systems themselves.” – By Tim Berners-Lee, Inventor of the World Wide Web
7. “There were 5 exabytes of information created between the dawn of civilization through 2003, but that much information is now created every 2 days.” – By Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman of Google
8. Data are becoming the new raw material of business. – By Craig Mundie, Senior Advisor to the CEO at Microsoft
9. “Data really powers everything that we do.” – By Jeff Weiner, CEO of LinkedIn
10. Without motivation, you’ll stop halfway through and believe you can’t do it when the fault isn’t with you―it’s with the teaching. Take control of your learning by tailoring it to what you want to do, not the other way around – Vik Paruchuri (Founder of Dataquest)
11. “Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all.” – By Charles Babbage, Inventor, and Mathematician
12. “Everything is going to be connected to cloud and data… All of this will be mediated by software.” – By Satya Nadella, Microsoft CEO
13. Data scientists are involved with gathering data, massaging it into a tractable form, making it tell its story, and presenting that story to others.” – By Mike Loukides, Vice President of O’Reilly Media
14. “Some of the best theorizings comes after collecting data because then you become aware of another reality.” – By Robert J. Shiller, Economics Nobel Prize Winner
15. “In God we trust. All others must bring data.” – By W. Edwards Deming, Statistician, Professor, Author, Lecturer, and Consultant
These data science quotes will provide you with key insights from industry experts. It is often said “Data is the New Oil for the IT industry” or “Data is the New Name of the Game”, well, the current times are proof of it. The world of data science is constantly evolving and these data science quotes serve as wise words and pieces of remarkable timeless advice to guide you in your career.
If you are new in the data field or proficient, these data science quotes will provide you with a meaningful perspective. Try to look at them with a new set of eyes keen to understand the power of data and the importance of critical thinking and analytical intelligence. The opportunities the field of data science offers are endless, hence you can mark your presence in this exciting field if you are willing to go the extra mile or take the road less traveled.